"From horse to horsepower, our mission is to educate children
on the critical and significant role that transportation played in
the development of our Country."
Scouts' Science Workshops
- Reservations required for scouts, adults and siblings.
- Reservations will be closed the Monday before the scheduled Saturday class.
- Full payment required at time of reservation.
- Scout leaders, adults and siblings attending with scouts must make a reservation on the class registration page.
- Scout leader admission is NOT complimentary.
- Classes subject to cancellation if a minimum of 10 scouts is not met. You will be contacted in the event of a cancellation.
- Prices include class fee, museum admission and miniature train ride. Check museum website for current train schedule.
- All scout classes, with the exception of Railroading Merit Badge, require adult chaperones.
- Scouts should NOT be dropped off without an adult chaperone in attendance.
- Adult chaperones should stay with scouts at all times.
- For scout groups, there should be AT LEAST one adult chaperone per five scouts.
- Scouts should be aware of their adult chaperone in the event of illness or emergency.
- Limited to 22 scouts per session
- 60 minute class
siblings may attend the class
Brownie Girl Scouts Home Scientist Badge (Change-It
The girls will
participate in experiments and demonstrations which will fulfill step 1
of the badge requirements.
1. Crystal Formation
Webelos Boy Scouts Scientist
Badge (Technology group)
The boys will complete all of the following experiments
and demonstrations to complete the requirements for this badge.
- Bernoulli's Principle: Under Pressure
- Newton's Laws of Motion: Rocket Demo, Rockin' Rockets & Aerodynamics
(Camp Week 4), Forces
- Air Pressure: Under Pressure
- Crystal Formation: Che-Mystery
- Center of Gravity: Forces, Great Gravity
- Optical Illusions: Optical Illusions
- Fog: Walloping Weather
Tiger, Bear and Wolf Scouts
The boys will earn the Academic Science Belt Loop.
Fees & Payment Policy
Full payment required at time of reservation. Reservations need to be made at least one week before scheduled class.